In 1977, a compassionate, forward-thinking group of women founded Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan (WRCNM) to address critical unmet needs in the community. Many of the services they defined and created are still being offered, today.
Learn more about WRCNM history.
WRCNM is a dynamic organization that:
- Provides many specialized services for adults, children and families to improve their lives
- Seeks positive solutions in crisis situations
- Protects and nurtures health and well-being
- Encourages active participation in making important life decisions
- Facilitates personal growth and lifelong learning
- Provides a link to community resources
- Works to change the culture of violence
- Advocates for social justice
WRCNM provides confidential support, advocacy, counseling and the Safe Home to people in Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otsego counties.
24-hour help and information line: (231) 347-0082 or (800) 275-1995