Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization that provides a wide range of services for women, children and families in five northern Michigan counties.
The organization relies on generous support from donors and a variety of funding sources to support programs and services developed over decades as the needs of our community evolve.
Essential WRCNM services offer options and opportunities that help community members heal, grow, learn, dream and spark hope for the future. Your financial support enables us to continue to provide these life-improving, life-changing services.
Support vital WRCNM programs and services with your gift!
General individual donations are popular and extremely beneficial to WRCNM. These unrestricted dollars provide a way for the organization to distribute funds where they are needed most.
Unrestricted funds allow the agency to cover program and services expenses that are not funded or not fully-funded by grants.
Make a general donation here.
Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, Inc. (WRCNM) holds endowed funds at the Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation and Charlevoix County Community Foundation. These funds provide stability as a permanent source of unrestricted funding for the organization. Earnings from the funds are used by WRCNM for special projects, programming/operating expenses, capital investments or are reinvested back into the fund.
For more information on donating to these funds, call WRCNM Development Director at (231) 347-0067 or contact the foundation offices listed below. We will work with you and/or your financial advisor to help you make a planned gift that meets your wishes and provides you with the tax advantages that come with giving to an IRS recognized charity.
Either community foundation can assist you in implementing this giving opportunity:
Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation
- Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan Endowment Fund
- Jan Mancinelli Operations Fund
Charlevoix County Community Foundation
- Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan Endowment Fund
Make an ‘in memory of‘ gift. Memorial donations are placed into the WRCNM Endowment Fund to leave a lasting legacy.
Sustaining monthly gifts are critical to providing financial stability and ongoing funding for programs and services across the agency. Recurring gifts provide an easy way to maximize your giving conveniently. Monthly gifts range in size and are automatically debited from your preferred account without any need to renew. This can be set up through the donation form found here.
By including Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, Inc. (WRCNM) in your planned giving, you can make a meaningful and lasting impact on the organization. Your planned gift will help the agency continue to provide critical and specialized services for generations to come; to give voice to those silenced by some of life’s greatest challenges.
Planned giving allows you to give without affecting your current financial situation. Some ways to give include:
- Personal property
- Real estate
- Retirement distributions
- Life insurance benefits
- Percentage of assets
Certain types of planned gifts may reduce or eliminate taxes. For specific advice about your financial situation, please consult a qualified professional advisor.
For more information, contact the WRCNM Development Director at (231) 347-0067 or speak with your financial advisor about your options.
Employers sometimes offer match programs for donations made by their employees. Most often, these programs are corporate philanthropy initiatives that reward employees’ charitable donations. After an employee makes a donation to an eligible nonprofit, their company will process a matching gift to that nonprofit organization. Whether companies offer contributions that are dollar-for-dollar, double or triple-dollar matching, every gift supports WRCNM programs and services.
This is a great way to maximize your giving.
Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan (WRCNM) accepts donations of clothing, furniture, household items, books and other items for resale at two Gold Mine Resale Shop locations.
Each store provides a ‘donation station’ area for convenient item drop-off, open 10am until 4pm Monday-Saturday.
For furniture or large item pickup, please call the main office at (231) 347-0067.
Gold Mine store sales provide vital support to help fund WRCNM programs and services. For every $4 spent at the Gold Mine, you are providing meals for one day for a survivor of domestic abuse at the Safe Home.
1878 US-31 North, Petoskey • (231) 348-7908
1002 Emmet Street, Petoskey • (231) 347-3970
Donations of grocery and supermarket gift cards or financial contributions enable WRCNM staff to purchase exactly what is needed at the Safe Home, from diapers and laundry soap to cereal and paper towels, as the need arises.
WRCNM also accepts in-kind donations for various agency programs; as well as for the Safe Home. The Safe Home is operated 24/7 and provides a secure, caring and supportive place to stay for survivors and their family members, with meals and all of their daily needs provided at no cost.
When you share your kindness by donating grocery and supermarket gift cards, non-perishable foods, household goods and personal care items to the Safe Home, you help nourish the body, comfort the soul and provide a much needed feeling of ‘home’ at a time when survivors are working hard to regain control of their lives.
Receipts from Oleson’s Food Stores help us purchase much-needed items used daily by families staying at the Safe Home, such as milk, bread and eggs.
Receipts from D&W Fresh Markets help us purchase needed food items for the Children’s Learning Center.
The stores award our organization a check based on points earned from receipts we collect and submit. Receipts can be dropped off at any of our offices or at Gold Mine Resale Shops.
Local store benefits
Our generous local business community will often host benefits to support WRCNM programs and services. Some are just a single event and some take place monthly or annually. Below are some of the benefits that have supported WRCNM programs and services:
- Ward and Eis Gallery supports survivor services through a contribution of 2% of all annual sales, 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the book the Magpie Papers authored by Don Ward and Jennifer Eis and 20% of all sales on two Saturdays in December.
- McLean and Eakin Booksellers gives customers the option of earmarking 10 percent of their purchases to go directly to philanthropic endeavors, including schools and local nonprofit organizations.
- McLean and Eakin Booksellers The Giving Tree provides books for children at the Safe Home during the holidays.
- Oleson’s Food Stores pre-Thanksgiving Dollar Drive in Petoskey and Charlevoix helps raise funds to purchase much-needed food items used on a daily basis at the Safe Home.
- Lite 96.3 Safe Home Donation Drive and live radio broadcast at Oleson’s Food Store in Petoskey prior to Thanksgiving helps collect items on the Safe Home Needs List.
- Safe Home Harvest Food and Supply Drive – ongoing non-perishable drive to collect needed items for families staying at the Safe Home. Donations and financial contributions help make the Safe Home feel like ‘home’ as survivors work to rebuild their lives after the physical and emotional trauma of domestic abuse.
Other shopping options
We support shopping local, yet when you cannot find it locally Amazon provides a way for you to support the Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan (WRCNM). When you shop at AmazonSmile, The Amazon Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to WRCNM, at no cost to you!
- Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/31-0920479
- Search for “Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan” in the charity search bar
- Select “Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan” from the list of charities
- Start your shopping and support Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan!