Full time positions provide employee health insurance, 401K, and paid time off. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gold Mine Resale Shop cashier/clerk positions available for individuals who have great customer service and the ability to engage with customers and donors while working in a busy environment. $15/hour, no evenings or Sundays, health insurance and 401k available. If you are interested in making a real difference in your community and joining this fun and hard-working team, full or part time, apply at either store: 1878 US-31 North or 1002 Emmet Street, Petoskey, Mon-Thurs 10am-4pm and Fri-Sat 10am-5pm.
Counseling and Advocacy Program Director
Oversee, coordinate and provide professional leadership in all aspects of a comprehensive therapy, advocacy and forensic interview program. Ensure program objectives, policies and procedures are in compliance. Build collaborative community partnerships and work with multi-disciplinary teams and systems to help end gender-based violence and facilitate social justice. Master’s Degree in social work or counseling and current license to practice in the State of Michigan are required. This is an exceptional opportunity with an established and respected nonprofit serving the predominately rural area of northern Lower Michigan. Reply with resume to Chris Krajewski, Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, 423 Porter, Petoskey, MI 49770.
Live in one of the most beautiful places in the country! Work at a well-respected nonprofit recognized as leaders for social change and a strong voice for women, children and families. You will become part of our 45-year history of providing vital and effective services in northern Lower Michigan.
About the opportunity:
• Supervise Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) staff.
• Conduct forensic interviews following Michigan Forensic Interviewing Protocol.
• Develop and assess polices with a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
• Ensure the productive flow of client services, including intake, advocacy, counseling and referrals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice or a related field.
• Trained/experienced in the CAC model.
• Interested in leadership/growth opportunities.
• High standard of confidentiality.
Apply with cover letter and resume to Chris Krajewski, Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, 423 Porter Street, Petoskey, MI 49770.
Outreach and Advocacy Program Director
Oversee staff assisting survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault, as well as prevention and systems change initiatives in a 5-county service area. Provide public speaking and training about gender-based violence, systems change, and agency programs and services. Monitor and provide input on program operations, policies, and procedures. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in supervising staff. Full-time with benefits. Respond with resume to Chris Krajewski, Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, 423 Porter Street, Petoskey, MI 49770.
Channel your passion for supporting others and make a positive difference as a Residential Advocate (RA) at the Safe Home. We are seeking a compassionate individual with strong communication skills who is comfortable working with groups of people and responding to families experiencing domestic abuse and sexual assault.
• Assist families at the Safe Home
• Staff the help/information phone line
• Provide general upkeep of the shelter
• Be a part of a dedicated staff providing crucial supportive services
• Help ensure a safe, welcoming environment for residents and their family members
Position features and benefits:
• Set schedules with overnight shifts of both 13-hour and 24-hour
• Flexible scheduling provides blocks of 8 days off/month and two weekends off/month
• Opportunity to swap work schedules with other staff RA’s
• Bedroom, bathroom and office provided in a beautiful space
• Shift work allows for sleep/naps as appropriate
• 401K benefit, health insurance, paid time off
• Purposeful, essential work: as a member of our compassionate staff, you have an opportunity to make extraordinary contributions in the lives of families who reach out for Safe Home services.
Reply with resume to Haley Schneider, Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, 423 Porter Street, Petoskey, MI 49770. Learn more at wrcnm.org.
Internships are not available at this time.
Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan’s (WRCNM) unpaid Bachelor’s level college internship provides the opportunity to learn and grow within a well-established agency with a strength-based, self-determination approach to serving survivors of domestic/sexual abuse. WRCNM will work with your college program staff/advisor to meet internship requirements. Interns gain in-depth education on social issues surrounding oppression/sexism/violence against women, including domestic abuse/sexual assault/human trafficking/stalking. Hands on experience within a team-based structure is provided at our Domestic Abuse/Sexual Assault Office and Safe Home through direct interaction with survivors and their family members. Interns also assist in staffing the agency’s Help and Information Line providing information and referrals to callers, in addition to providing overall assistance within the Domestic Abuse/Sexual Assault Program. For more information contact the WRCNM Safe Home Coordinator, at (231) 347-1572.