Tribute is a community recognition event and fundraiser that supports vital services provided by Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan. Tribute celebrates extraordinary women, young women and men in the community. Community nominations help recognize remarkable individuals making a positive difference in Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otsego counties.
Individuals are recognized in the following categories:
- Advocacy: a woman whose bold advocacy for a population or a cause has resulted in increased community awareness and action on issues of social concern.
- Business/Profession: a woman who has exhibited superior ability/accomplishment in a company, business, organization or association.
- Community Service: a woman who has shown outstanding achievement as a volunteer to better the community.
- Pinnacle: a woman who has dedicated a lifetime of service and provided meaningful, influential contributions that have made a positive difference in her community.
- Man of Action: a man whose service and actions have demonstrated his commitment toward the well-being of women.
- Youth: a young woman, 21 or younger, who has demonstrated exceptional character and accomplishments to better herself, school and the community.
Save the date!
Tribute honorees will be celebrated during a reception at Stafford’s Perry Hotel in Petoskey from 5:30 to 7:30pm, Thursday, November 10, 2022.
To learn more about tickets, sponsorships or nominations, call WRCNM at (231) 347-0067 or email WRCNM Development Director Kari VandenBrink.
Purchase tickets online, click here.
Tribute 2022 Sponsors
Trish and Jim Murray
Bay View Association
Bay View Obstetrics & Gynecology, P.C.
Decka Digital, LLC
Encore Financial Group
Fry Family Dentistry
Fry Integrative Orthodontics
Irish Boat Shop
North Bay Construction
Peterson McGregor Insurance
Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation
Petoskey Rotary Sunrise
W.W. Fairbairn and Sons
“What we love about this event is that it highlights local people who are working at the community level to share and spread kindness, compassion, dignity and generosity. No matter if their efforts are well-known or relatively unknown, they improve people’s lives and make this area a better place to live, work and play.”
~ Gail Kloss, WRCNM Executive Director
Tribute awardees 2014-2019:
- Lisa Clavier, Advocacy
- Gail Gruenwald, Business/Profession
- Babs Kutcipal, Community Service
- Mark Fralick, Man of Action
- Nancy Stewart, Pinnacle
- U15 Soccer Team Harbor Springs, Youth
- Mary Peterson, Advocacy
- Elisa Seltzer, Business/Profession
- Penny Huber, Community Service
- Bill Wilson, Man of Action
- Ann Irish, Pinnacle
- Ginger Stevens, Advocacy
- Paula Musilek, Business/Profession
- Lisa Blanchard, Community Service
- Steve Van Dam, Man of Action
- Martha Lancaster, Pinnacle
- Emily Kurburski, Youth
- Stacey Ettawageshik, Advocacy
- Denise Croake, Business/Profession
- Jackie Burrell, Community Service
- Kevin Burns, Man of Action
- Jan Mancinelli, Pinnacle
- Haylie Hasse, Youth
- Cindy Okerlund, Advocacy
- Ashley Whitney, Business/Profession
- Kathy Biggs, Community Service
- Dave Kring, Man of Action
- Mary Biagini, Pinnacle
- SASS Group Petoskey High School, Youth
- Kathy Petersen, Advocacy
- Rachel Smolinski, Business/Profession
- Kathleen Reed, Community Service
- Todd Troxel, Man of Action
- Jennifer Eis, Pinnacle
- Lily Kingma, Youth