Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan (WRCNM) was founded by those willing to give their time and talents to make our community a better place. Volunteers remain vital to the organization and help the agency provide life-changing services to thousands of northern Michigan residents every year.
- Volunteers help keep the Gold Mine Resale Shops running smoothly by assisting with store operations and helping customers. Store proceeds support WRCNM programs and services.
- Specially-trained volunteers help answer the 24-hour help and information line; 767 callers were supported during this past year.
- Spanish interpreters help us better serve diverse callers and program participants.
- Members of the Board of Directors help steer the organization toward a sustainable future through sound, ethical and legal governance and financial management policies.
- Violence Prevention Team members assist in an advisory capacity to assure widespread adoption of proven prevention programs in our community.
- Volunteer committee members help us raise important funds.
- Volunteer community members complete light building maintenance/special projects.
We thank all WRCNM volunteers for their gift of time, support and kindness.
To learn about WRCNM volunteer opportunities, click here.