Ask Us Anything

I left an abusive relationship with my partner, who would not agree to leave/separate. I have stayed with family and there are children involved. I need advice on next steps, but cannot afford a lawyer. What should I do?

ask us anything 500px

It sounds like it might be helpful to talk to an Advocate.

Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan is here to provide confidential support, information and resources at no cost to individuals impacted by domestic abuse. Advocates assist with safety planning, crisis intervention counseling, advocacy (financial, medical, housing). They also provide information on accessing legal services and other helpful community resources.

The Safe Home is staffed and operated 24/7 by Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan. It is a place for individuals and their family members to find support and advocacy in a secure and caring residence as they work to regain a sense of stability, safety and perspective.

Whether you need a safe place to stay temporarily or are seeking individual support with an Advocate, you can reach us 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Domestic abuse services are confidential, compassionate and are provided at no cost to individuals in Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otsego counties.

We are here to help. Reach out to the 24-Hour Help and Information Line at (231) 347-0082 or (800) 275-1995.